Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Attributes: The Source of Peace and Safety



As-Salam: The Peace and blessings, The Source of Peace and Safety, The Most Perfect
Quranic reference: Surah Al-Hashr(59):23

AsSalaamu Alaikum,

In honor of EARTH DAY 2009 I've picked this attribute to focus on. In a world of turmoil...Allah(swt) is our source of salaam. This is true in terms of global peace: working to reduce the mess man has created by neglecting the trust that Allah(swt) has given us. In terms of political peace: helping to extinguish the wars and differences that separate us. In terms of social peace: The relationships we hold in life, from family, to community, to work.

Those who pray for peace must actively work for peace. Our Lord is 'all forgiving, most merciful' but we have to put our work in!! I hate to be the cliche but...'nothing worth having is easy'. Do you recycle? Do you teach your children to clean up and re-use? Do you re-use their clothes, buy second hand? Do you eliminate waste in your life? Do you put all trash IN the trash? Does your job recycle? If not..why not initiate it? Make a difference where YOU are.

Our time here on earth is so short. Make the most of it...work towards a healthy earth, community and self. Time to reflex and project the peace you want. Just a happy and healthy reminder.

Ma salaama
Ummie A

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As salaamu alaikum sister , you know your right , sometimes the very thing that appears to be small gets overlooked, just as the things you've mentioned here , I do my best in this area , but I know that I can do better , Insha Allah ,I will contribute more in this area , I do some things you have listed but the fact of the matter is that just doing a little will just help a "little" , if I do more it would help "more" , Masha Allah. Shukrn sister. As salaamu alaikum

Umm Amirah said...

Walaikum Salaam,
I'm glad that someone has benifited buy this reminder.
Amin