Sunday, February 28, 2010

Its been a long time/Islam in action

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I know..its been a WHILE since I've posted anything here. Well I've been going through a lot on the personal front, things I just don't want to share. So I took the time to think about them, blogging, my purpose and my Deen.

Al-humdulillah I know that regardless of WHAT I'm going thought...that Allah(swt) is azwajal. In the end He(swt) is my source of strength and my provider. I pray that those of you who read my blog have benefited from it. And that you will continue to read it. My life is changing and rearranging and I'm at peace with whatever Allah(swt) has for me.

Now in the essence of a good blogger, lets get to the meat and potatoes of this post.

So as Muslims and mothers or those who influence children I believe its important that we teach our children to be thoughtful. When I was younger my mother always made sure I sent 'Thank you cards' for every gift: financial or not, well wish and or gift. In the day and age of emails and instant messenger, writing has been dropped by the wayside.

Al-humdulillah in my search for hand made items and creative people led me to Etsy. Etsy is a website for people who create to sell their items. I call it the 'kinder gentler ebay', lol.

So last year I purchased all handmade EID and Thank you cards. On Etsy I found a couple of card vendors, two of which I will show you in this post.

First up is Waafa. Waafia offers many things for the Islamic community. From book marks, magnets and mirrors with a message (as I call them) to Eid cards, Mabrook cards to Thank you cards. I've purchased a couple of things from Waafia through her Etsy shop. For EID I purchased the Arabic posters for a couple of close friends as gifties for their kids. I also purchased the EID cards. They are so beautiful. Masha~allah its evident that Waafia takes pride in her work and what she puts out.

Her Etsy store also carried blankest and other cool Islamic items like the ones featured below:






Currently Waafia is revamping her website. She is taking on custom invites and cards. WOW. Can't wait to see her new items. She's also going GREEN, so the cards that are currently in her store are on sale. STOCK UP. Pick up those EID cards and Thank you cards. I know you have a friend that is expecting or has had a baby...send one of those cutie 'Cootch coo' cards.




This poster comes in different colors: blue, multi, pink, brown






The next set of cards come from Muslamb Paper goods + designs. This sister's cards are word press, its actually an ART. She sells cards that are blank in side so that you or your child could write notes like 'I love you', 'I miss you', 'Thank you'. Little kids love to 'attempt to write'. Grandparents love doodles...so let them.

The Sister that runs Muslamb also does custom work. She does invitations and business cards. She is currently doing some cards for my other blog, Beautiful Ummah. Can't wait to get those.




These buttons are cute and sassy!! Show off your 'Islamic spirit' by slipping these buddies on your coat, your bag, your purse or on the kiddies stuff. We slipped some in the hijab give always last fall. The new shahada's loved them. So creative, you just GOTTA pick some up, even if just to have. LOL



So buy purchasing these items and more from these wonderful Islamic vendors you are putting Islam in action. Showing your child(ren) that you care about Muslim business, that you care to send a hand written sentiment to those who you care for. Make the holidays special, sit down with your kid(s) and write out, address and stamp your EID cards. Don't forgot your EID stamps!! Get to work

Ma Salaama
Umm Amirah

0 comments: