Monday, March 12, 2012

Attributes: The Withholder, The Shielder, the Defender

Al-Māni':The Withholder, The Shielder, the Defender
Quranic reference: Surah Al-Mulk(67):21

Asalaamu Alaikum,

These posts are soley reminders to the believers of the names of Allah(swt). His attributes/names that we should call on when we need Him(swt). I decided to pics one's that most don't remember. Now 'Al-Mani'...is one I don't use at all (admission here).
So it is making me think about HOW Allah(swt) is 'Al-Mani'. I see it as how we might want something: a car, a job, a spouse and we don't get it after istiqarah or at all. Then as HUMANS we are mad. Mad at ourselves, mad at the situation, even at our Rabb (astagfirlah-but it happens). We (me included) don't see it as a shifah in the moment. That Allah(swt) has shielded us from that job, that car, that spouse who might not/or isn't good for HIS(swt) servant. *insert: lightbulb*

0 comments: