
Salaams and Saluations,
So a Girl Scout troop was started at the masjid near my home. Even though I was not a Girl Scout I believe that its good for my girls to have various outlets to express themselves as well as learn. So ofcourse I went gung-ho into it right?? The year 2012 marks the 100th year anniversary of the Girl Scouts in America. So there was a HUGE event here in DC this month: Rock The Mall.
Since we were a net troop not everyone went from our troop. I took my girls early because I KNEW the crowd would come later. We had a nice time. My girls enjoyed swapping for SWAPS and swapping the quilt squares. I decided to do a post JUST of the pics because I have a lot. It was a weekend event here in DC and we participated in just a small portion of the happenings.
Being bit buy the 'craft bug' I am creating Kapers Charts for our troop and will be updating you all on that. I am also currently creating swaps for my girls to take to the Oriole's game this month. Their father is taking them to the game since I will be out of town that weekend. iA they will have a BALL and he will get to experience Girl Scout culture as well. If you'd like more info on the Girl Scouts of Central Maryland's Grand Slam event click here. The parental units decided to pick seats further down so all involved could enjoy the game..lol. Find out more about our troop, Troop 3480, here.
Helpful Links:
Girls Scouts of America
Girls Scouts of the Nation's Capital
Girls Scouts of Central Maryland
Enjoy,
Umm Amirah
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Girl Scouts
From the heart of Umm Amirah at 2:37 PM
Labels: active mommy, Girl Scouts, kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
MashaAllah:)
I was a Girlscout for about 8 years! My cousin and I were in it together. The experiences were tremendous... camping trips, camp fires, songs song and more songs! We went to the Girl Scout Lodge in Cuernavaca, Mexico when I was 14. That was the best trip EVER. We met girls from Peru, Japan, England- all over. I cannot say enough about the scouts. The only advice I would give as avparent is BE INVOLVED because not every troop or troop leader is the same. One year, a parent stole all our cookie$ and bought a new car! You can't make these things up lol.
Judging from your blog, you keep your girls close, so inshaAllah they will have a very posit6ive experience :)
As Salaamu Alaikum!
Alhumdulillah!!
Thanks for commenting. I am now the Co-Manager for the troop so I am in the thick of it. I pray my girls get the MOST out of GS because it can be a true benefit for a girl.
Post a Comment