Asalaam alaikum,
January 6, 2007
5:38am-- Ummie get's up for fajr. Has the urge to use the Potty...but there seems to be water everywhere....WATER HAS BROKEN
5:40am-- Ummie calls midwife and NH calls his Unit (NH is a soldier in the reserves--no working THAT day)
6:00am--Midwife on call calls Ummie to see how she's doing? Asks about contractions? How I feel? No contractions--just leaking. Feeling fine. Ummie and NH lay back down for some rest.
9:00am-- New 'Midwife on call' calls Ummie to see if contractions have started. No contractions--Ummie to come in to the birth center at 12pm.
11:00am-- NH and I drop off Amirah at his parents house.
12:30pm--NH is always LATE. So we're at the birth center. Terry checks to make sure that YES my bag of water has ruptured. Give me 20 minutes on the fetal monitor. Baby is GREAT and chillin. NO contractions. Terry instructs me to drink a whole bottle of CASTER OIL. If my contractions don't start buy 5pm then I must proceed (Do not pass GO or collect the $200) to the HOSPITAL. That ment NO birth center birth for me. **boo hoo here**
1:00pm-- Drink down the whole NASTY bottle of caster oil. Chase it with lemonade from Chick-Fil-A.
2:30pm--Make it to AZIZAH's house for my baby shower. (YES my baby shower was the SAME DAY my water broke.
5:30pm--Call NH to see if midwife called. At this point contractions had started
5:45pm-- Get in touch with Terry and let her know I'm on my way to the hospital. NH is at the door waiting for me. I wave good buy to my guests as they are enjoying the food, company and HENNA **mad scowel**
6:30pm--Make it check in at hospital. Having regular contractions.
7:30pm --Contractions are comming fast and hard. I went from 2 to 4 by this time.
8:30pm-- Ummie is TIRED! Asked for IV drugs to help me cope with the pain. Nurse about to administer..but WAIT, baby having dips in her heart rate. NO drugs right now..wait.
9:00pm --- Still waiting, but too late for drugs. Ummie is 9 1/2 centimeters dialated. Time to push
9:15pm-- Asima Isar is HERE!! THANK Allah(swt). Ummie is bushed.
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Birth Day time line
From the heart of Umm Amirah at 10:49 AM
Labels: motherhood, reflextion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment