Asalaam aliakum,
I went to school in North Carolina, the Tar Heel State. I went to an HBCU, North Carolina A&T State University (NOT AT&T!!), a school with a history of protest and some violence in the 1960's. In late 90's that was the past, we students graduating from T (as it's called) in 97', 98', and 99' were far removed from the violence. We parties, worked, tested and socialized without fail. Never was there ever a threat of violence against students as a whole. There were choice students who got into stuff and did stuff, but never on a campus wide scale.
My days at NCA&TSU were the best 3 years of my life (I don't count the first year, cuz it sucked). I met people who changed my life, opened my eyes and had a hand in bringing me to where I am today in 2007. I found myself at T. I found the real me: the outgoing, determined, social butterfly that is Ummie today. If it wasn't for T, I don't know where or who I'd be today.
My heart goes out to the students at Virginia Tech University in Blacksburge, VA. Shaitan is rampant and has ruined things for so many there. Monday's tragedy is a global tragedy, a human tragedy. There are so many 'What if's...' in regards to the shooter and students/faculty that got caught up in the anger. I pray that we as HUMANS turn this in to a learning experience. NOT to treat Universities and Colleges as the END ALL TO BE ALL. Univeristy life is not for everyone. Parents need to stop FORCING it on their kids. I went to college because I had the positive peer pressure to do so.
To the students, faculty, friends and loved ones of Virginia Tech. My heart goes out to those who where killed without cause on Monday. May Allah(swt) forgive them of their sins and grant them a level of paradise. As Muslims we know that those who are killed without cause will asked their killers on the day of judgement 'why?'. Allah(swt) is azwajal and we defer to Him for all understanding. Insha~allah, Allah(swt) will comfort those families who have lost loved ones. I want them all to know that Ummie cares and can never know you pain.
Ma salaama
Umm Amirah
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Remember the Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment