Asalaamu Alaikum all,
The other day I was sitting in my living room, late one night, painting my toe nails (that time of the month) and I realized that I hadn't done THAT in years. Just the simple act of taking time out for me..had been pushed to the wayside. I wonder sometimes where I went? I figured that I was lost in between 6 trimesters, wedged in with breast milk and baby poo, toppled over buy mounds of laudry and swimming in dishes. I has lost the person behind 'Umm'.
As I'm moving into another year of marriage, another year tacked on my my kids age and my age --for that matter, another year working, another year of being a Daughter in law (only daughter they got) and a Sister in law ( the only decent one--lol)..I have to find ME.
I kindof have. I take a good look in the mirror before I roll out in the morning. If that means I'm up a little earlier to put the contacts (not colored) or put a little eye liner + lip liner + lip gloss (thanks HA), well that's okay. If I have to dissappear twice a month to have my wig tightened + toes done + or aqua chi, then that's okay too, NH needs to spend quality time with his girls...lol.
The health and well being of the ROCK in this family is neccessary. You know...the schedualer + reminder + cook + caretaker + employer + tutor + chauffer + maid + mom...needs a mental break sometimes. I believe I've earned it.
Ma salaama
Umm Amirah
Friday, December 19, 2008
And then there was me....
From the heart of Umm Amirah at 2:47 PM
Labels: active mommy, hot hijabi, motherhood, reflextion, wife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
asa
i hear you. i will be getting my grrove on tomorrow night, insha Allah.
LOL @ that. U go my sista!! u GO!
Oh my goodness! I love this post! It is imperative we take care of ourselves because often times no one else will. If we show others we value ourselves and respect ourselves they can't help but to follow suit. I'm an advocate of halal selfishness. Love you for the sake of Allah sis!
Post a Comment