Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ballerina Girl

Today my baby turns 3 years old. I'm not sure if I'm ready for her to grow up. I know it sounds weird ...And something a mother shouldn't say..But everyday..She's growing, changing, becoming so NOT my baby. I mean at one point she was my helpless child that clung to my shirt. The CHAMP at nursing..Who actually nursed for the whole TWO years (boy was she NOT appreciative of THAT).

Emotionally I'm a mess, I don't know how my mother did it..Let alone my mother-in-law who is VERY attached to her boys (rollin eyes HERE!!). Ya Allah(swt) I look to your for guidance. Aid me in finding the MIZAN (the balance) for my daughter. Insha~allah allow her to grow in her deen and her activities. Allow me to give her that sense that , she can DO anything and BE anything...With in the guidelines of ISLAM.

I look at that FACE, the face that at one time..Looked like an ALIEN..lol. That sweet, dimpled face, that can sometimes have me BEGING' Allah(swt) for guidance, help and assistance to keep from RINGIN' HER LIL precious neck!!

I thank Allah(swt) for her time here. I can say this because my mother lost her first child. She never had '3' to deal with until she had me. I always wonder what my life WOULD have been IF she was still here, my sister that is. Then I realize that she was a well cared for gift..That was returned when it was her time. I celebrate her when family says that MY child is so much like her. She has her spirit..Her busyness, her laughter and her smile.

Now I wonder if my princess will need me anymore? For JUICE, yes; for potty breaks; yes..But will she play with me...Will we dance around the house, will she look back and wave when I drop her off with her grandparents....Cousins, daycare.

Thank you allah(swt) for my gift...Everyday...Thank you

2 comments:

Saraax said...

Your little princess will need you when, at 21, or 32 or 38, she needs someone to watch her three babies for her when she has to go to the dentist because her tooth is hurting so bad. So dont worry! :)

Anonymous said...

Asalaamu alaikum. You made me cry subhanallah. My little one is nine months old- I knwo this feeling of wondering if they will still need you sister. My little boy is almost five and believe me they do. He still wants for me to help him with simple things (even though he can do it himself!) Our children are such precious gifts from Allah. Enjoy every day because they grow up right in front of your eyes!