Monday, April 24, 2006

Reflextion..on U

Asalaam alaikum,

I'm in a saddened mood. Yesterday on the news here in DC, I heard that a 12 year old CHILD shot and killed his mother and 9 year old brother. The neighbor's commented on how..the mother was never around, working two jobs; and the older brother was always watching the younger. My questions is..when did we STOP allowing our children to be CHILDREN! Where is the responsibility of our community, our family, our religious institutions.

I mean I give my mom BIG props. She raised me as a single parent, not by choice. She ALWAYS worked two jobs, because my mom didn't GO to college and could NOT make the money that college educated women could make. But she kept me connected. If there was something going on at church..and she was working, she worked out for some one to pick me up and get me home. SOMEBODY. Have the SOMEBODIES gone away? Where was the consern...before his young man got MAD? Where was the consern when all HE wanted to do was be a lil boy.

My heart goes out to him and his family. I pray that Allah(swt) make things easy for him. I pray that SOMEONE will pray for him.

Now how does that saying go? Ones children are a reflextion on them. So they show other people how YOU are? What does this incedent say about the MOM? What do the children on reality TV say about their parents? This really makes me think about my OWN child and how people see ME thru her. BETTER YET..what did people think of MY mom when they interacted with me? GEESH...**mediation time**

Ma Salaama

0 comments: