Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Little Friends

Assalamu alaikum,
You know when you have children and you are in tune with them, you tend to guide them as far as their friends, or at least try to at an early age. Anywhoo..this past weekend my friend from Albany came down with her family. She has two kids, 4 year old Salahudin and 11 month old Abdel-Aziz. Beauties!!! Masha~allah. Amirah and Salah get along great...They are actually 9 months apart so they kind of click. Aziz was the official 'follower' for the weekend...Following them around Amirah's room. Cruzin on everything he could get his hands on....lol.

My friend and her family were here to be tourists (why.. I have NO idea.). They seemed to enjoy themselves out and about in the city. Sunday night I invited some friends over (mostly with kids) for dinner and good company. At this time I was able to gage children behavior with that of their parents.

Observation:
Some parents allow their children to be 'free spirits'. These 'free spirits' do whatever, take whatever, out side of parent command. There are the 'sensitive ones'...That play and play and play...Until totally exhausted..Then they don't want to play anymore. Then there are the 'OLDER child'..Who play until they are totally bored...Then they sit with the grown ups (LOL). And then there is the 'diva'...The 'diva' let's everyone know..That it's HER stuff, HER DVD's, and yes...YOU may play with them..LOL.

Now I'm not saying that I at all have the KEY to creating, shaping or molding the perfect child. Just making note of how other's do it. It's just awesome to see the differences in parenting..And children for that matter. My friend would talk and talk to her son...But if her husband, my husband or my brother in law said "what did your mother say Salah?", he's straighten up!! She was like ......"I need some BASS in my voice".. LOL. It's even like that with my daughter...It's frustrating sometimes...Really. But I think that children sense the sensitivity in a woman. They know..That our barks are worst than our bites..LOL...MOMMIES try (what can I say).

Ummies world is about to change...dramastically. Ummie just found out that she's pregnant!! Another invasion, what is a mother to do? I wonder how the 'lil princess' is going to Handel an 'IN HOME' sibling? Allahuallum for REAL.

Ma salaama
Umm Amirah

**Company was good....Muslims company is great. It was a great and exhausting weekend had by all.***

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Salaam Alaikum,

LOL. I am feeling this one...The weekend was truly lovely-good to see all~but the caveat is...hubbie is the tourist, not I. I...um hum, am the tour guide!

And of course...Salahudin is still looking for Amirah and Abdel-Aziz is still...still...sticking out his tongue...thanks ummi!

Yeah, watching others parent is fascinating. Sometimes we can learn great techniques and at other times...well, we just have to shake our heads and make dua! lol.

Looks like our family will be turing into 5...make dua for a little ballerina because I already have the NBA up here.

Thanks for having us-we'll be neighbors real soon, Insha'Allah!

Nothing but love