
Asalaam alaikum (peace and blessings of Allah-swt be upon you),
...........With each day I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that I am now ..pregnant AGAIN! Me?? Someone who just KNEW her 'Diva -in- Training' would be an ONLY child, fo'sho (old school--lol). So now beginns the preparation. I've decided to have this baby in a birth center as opposed to a hospital birth. Although Amirah's birth was uncommplicated and as natural as possible...I don't too much care for hospitals. I only had Amirah in the hospital at my husbands request............so now we do it my way. I have total trust in the birth center I've chosen because I know two people that have used their services, one had two home births; the other had one birth center birth there...no problems..I'm still young (yeah RIGHT!!).
Any whoo...as I search online for a new breast pum, bottles and a double stroller I wonder if I can do this again? I now will not only have ONE child that I'm responsible for, but TWO. Two to train and show how to live not just as a human being but as a muslim. Teach them taqwa and iman. Insan and tawhid....I figure I need to get up on some more learing my self.
I wonder how people have kids..and don't take any interest in up bringing. More so, not responsible to them or for them. Although I will not be judged for the education of my daughter, she has rights over me, as her mother. There are things that I MUST do or I will have to account for them in the next life. ISLAM is deep!!
So by the end of this year we will be preparing for breast pumps, diapers, storage bags, blankets, diaper genies, snugglies, baby baths and lot's of sleep. **scratching head** I wonder if having babies is like riding bikes..you never forget?? I'm gettin older..and Amirah is so affecting my memory..I pray I don't like LEAVE the baby in the car ..or in the house for THAT matter. Please ...make dua for me.
Ma salaama (go with peace)
Umm Amirah
(Mother of Amirah)
Thursday, June 01, 2006
...Thoughts of a Second child
From the heart of Umm Amirah at 1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
finding your blog today was right on time. there are some things here i needed to read. thanks.
January 25,2007!!! can't believe it.
Post a Comment