Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bogged down

Asalaam alaikum,

As we inch closer and closer to Sunday, which is Mother's Day here in the US, I'm starting to get bogged down buy the 'HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" hype. From cards that sing to jewlery to 'pamper her' crap. I'm not much into Mother's day. Not due to religous resonds, because Mother's Day has nuthing to do with religion. I don't necessarilly HOOP and hollar over these 'marketing' holiday's because I'm not the one getting in benifit from it. It's all in 'The MAN's' ploy to getchu....LOL!!

So if you want to do something for me for mother's day....pay it forward.

Pray for the mother in Iraq who's child is sick and who's government doesn't have the resources to aid the sick/dying child.
Pray for the Palestinian mother who's child was killed at a check point on her way to/from school.
Pray for the American mother who's child has been jailed for reasons unknown to anyone but the American governtment.
Pray for the mother who's lost a child to war/disease/famine/relocation, because I can never know her pain.
Pray for the mother that wants more for her children than she had herself.
Pray for the mother who works 3 to 4 jobs just to make sure her family has a place to lay their heads and food to eat.
Pray for a mother how suffers in silence with an abusive spouse.
Pray for the woman who longs to BE a mother.
Pray for the woman who's had to give her child away.
Pray for the woman that has chose to exstinguish that gift before anyone else knows.
Pray for your self!!!

Ma salaama
Umm Amirah

2 comments:

mommamu said...

Alhamdudillah! (I still like my breakfast in bed though!!!)

Umm Amirah said...

well eat on SISTER. buy no means am i knocking you or anyone's MOMMIES day tradition and or ritual. personally i partake in my cousins' spaggettii MOM's day dinner. Umm yummy. Just something else to think about.