Asalaam alaikum
Today is Ummie’s birthday so...as I sit back and drink my Turtle Mocha from Caribou Coffee I’ll share some things with you. As most know Ummie is a ‘product junkie’. I like to test out and try all types of neat things, ESPECIALLY natural products. Now let me say that everyone that stamps ‘natural’ on their stuff isn’t ALL natural or sometimes not even 45% natural. Natural is one of today’s trendy catch phrases. People buy into the whole ‘be natural live natural’ montage. Ummie is NOT impressed. It takes a LOT more to be labeled VEGAN than NATURAL. Sooo let’s start with a couple of new products I’ve come across.
Crush Groove Cosmetics
This sister is doing it up for woman who want to look GOOD but not at LAUREL prices-LOL. Crush grove is a make-up company that is strictly VEGAN. It looks like she caters to all skin types and skin colors. It seems that ‘Miss Thang’ is a make-up artist that wants fresh clean makeup for the average woman. I think this is a great product for woman who wants to get away from that ‘cakey’ look (i.e. grandma’s old Fashion Fair make-up) and help save the earth as well. Ummie is looking forward to trying the Raw Earth Powder and the Coco Veggie Wrap Gentle Facial Cleanser. Note that VEGAN products need to be kept at a certain temperature. Crush grove sells a 'chiller' for your vegan cosmetics..or you can just put it in the fridge or in your closet at home.
Inky Love
I saw something about Inky Love in one of the many magazines I get at my house. I checked her out and found it somewhat to my liking. I have natural hair and I SEEK out natural hair products. Something that is won’t clog or bog my hair down and makes it feel and smell great. If I like it I generally use it on Amirah’s hair since she’s oh natural also. Since first encountering Ms Inky Love she has updated her web site and her shopping cart options so I’m down for purchasing now. Check out her Nappaliscious Nutritious, it’s the VEGAN equivalent to hair grease. What would GRANDMA SAY!! Remembering that green icky stuff she use to put on my scalp after pressing it to death! Who cares, I’m down for trying her out. Amirah has dry scalp and I pray this works on it.
Anita Grant
Ms Anita Grant is making big waves on natural sites and in print. She’s a mixtress from England that is DOING it up. I have YET to get the nerve to purchase anything from her site but love her reviews. The US dollar against the British pound is the problem, BUT if you order 50 pounds worth of product you get free shipping, that is about $100 US. International shipping is NOT cheap so get all you going to get for a while before you press PAY!! This sister is also selling vegan products but her main ingredient is CHOCOLATE. Hair products, body butters, soaps and make-up fill her bag of concoctions. I’m dying to try her Whipped Butter for my hair. It comes in 4 yummy scents and of course Au natural. Then there is the Rhassoul Deep Condish that is a detoxifyer for your HAIR and SCALP.
Oyin Handmade
This is my favorite natural product site!! Ummie is an Oyin ‘Honey’. This is the site that brought out the product junky in ME. I use to be all on Carol’s Daughter (no offense to those who use it) but Carol has since STOPPED being natural since her days of working out of her kitchen. With corporate sponsorship and shot outs from OPRAH she’s had to change a couple of thing/incregdiance and moved away from the ‘natural’ concept as far as I’m concerned. Plus her shipping is off the CHAIN!!
Anyhow...Oyin brought me back home to nature. Oyin is Yoruba for ‘honey’ and that is their product base. Some things are a little better than others but the customer service is GREAT. Mixtress Jamyla goes out of her way to make and keep her customers happy. While your checking out the site please stop buy and check out these items : Greg’s Juice for your hair (NH loves it, he took over mine and now NEEDS this product), Head-to-toe Honey Wash smells GREAT!! I use it all over for the kids and in my own hair, Honey –Hemp Conditioner leaves your hair smelling great, Funk Butter is natural deodorant that actually WORKS, and HoneySticks are great for the lips.
Product note: Oyin's products are MADE WHEN ORDERED. She does not stock pile her products because they are natural and have a short shelf life. Orders do take a while but they are worth the wait.
Also check out LUSH they are VEGAN too.
So as you surf these pages and more let me know if you discover other ‘Natural’ products. A sista loves referrals. I’m in my 30’s now and I’m looking to empower other women buy supporting their businesses.
Ma salaama
Ummie

0 comments:
Post a Comment