Asalaam alaiakum,
Most of you who know me and or read this blog know that I live in the DC metro area. I live in MD, work in DC. This means that I must commute to work one way or another. Either by driving, taking taxis, or public transportation. I take the METRO train everyday. It's about a 30 minute train ride to and from work with a 15 walk to and from the train station. Anywhoo most people who work in DC don't live here so they also have to commute.
Commuting during the summer months tends to be very hard to DC workers as well as the METRO transit system. Trains are hot, people are tired, tourists in the way, metro lines breakdown. But this is the price we pay for public transportation. Lately I've noticed that transportation that is public seems to be a problem for some people. They tend to act like kindergardeners: not wanting to be touched with the trains are crowded, not saying 'excuse me', pushing, shooting angry looks. My question is ..why do u subject yourself to this public transportation when u in fact need or require PRIVATE transportation.
Private transportation is the comfort of one's OWN car. With it's own air conditioning, seats adjusted to your specifics, music playing your personal music, PRIVATE transportation. Or take a Taxi all the way home. Or be eco friendly and bike home.
All Ummie can do is grin and bear it. The nature of the commuting beast is that you HAVE to be next to people. You have to deal with train breakdowns, overcrowding, delays and the such. For me it's just cheeper to DEAL with it.
Ma salaam
Ummie
Most of you who know me and or read this blog know that I live in the DC metro area. I live in MD, work in DC. This means that I must commute to work one way or another. Either by driving, taking taxis, or public transportation. I take the METRO train everyday. It's about a 30 minute train ride to and from work with a 15 walk to and from the train station. Anywhoo most people who work in DC don't live here so they also have to commute.
Commuting during the summer months tends to be very hard to DC workers as well as the METRO transit system. Trains are hot, people are tired, tourists in the way, metro lines breakdown. But this is the price we pay for public transportation. Lately I've noticed that transportation that is public seems to be a problem for some people. They tend to act like kindergardeners: not wanting to be touched with the trains are crowded, not saying 'excuse me', pushing, shooting angry looks. My question is ..why do u subject yourself to this public transportation when u in fact need or require PRIVATE transportation.
Private transportation is the comfort of one's OWN car. With it's own air conditioning, seats adjusted to your specifics, music playing your personal music, PRIVATE transportation. Or take a Taxi all the way home. Or be eco friendly and bike home.
All Ummie can do is grin and bear it. The nature of the commuting beast is that you HAVE to be next to people. You have to deal with train breakdowns, overcrowding, delays and the such. For me it's just cheeper to DEAL with it.
Ma salaam
Ummie


0 comments:
Post a Comment