Asalaamu Alaikum All,
Ummie has been away. I decided to check out and go to upstate NY for a minute. I was off and refused to stay at home and twiddle my thumbs in the house. So I flew off to see a friend, who I haven't visited in about 3 years. This time I was toteing another kid.
So we made it to upstate NY and decided to hit Sephora. Ummie 'popped' her Sephora cherry and came away with a CARGO haul. OOOhh I'm excited about these two. ROME is a blush I've heard about online and You Tube...It gave me a great glow. Then there is the Lip Duo in Walla Walla...it's sheer and great on brown girls. Check out Aunties' work
Amirah was a true 'kid in a candy store' at Sephora. She is a true girlie girl and loved the fact that Auntie A did her make up. She wanted to sleep in it!!! Cargo blush in ROME and lip duo in WALLA WALLA
Saturday night my hostess had a party for me to introduce me to her sisters in Albany. It was so fun. I got to dress up and hang out. There were about 45 people in her home..including kids. We ate and danced the nice away.....halal style. Me and my baby girl
A friend I haven't seen in a while. Truely missed.
On Sunday we went to Patterson, NJ. Evidentially a lot of muslims in upstate NY go to Patterson to shop. Patterson is about 3 hours away from where we were staying. It was neet. Patterson has a distink Muslim section. I picked up Asima and I some GOLD for the ears. Insha~allah NH is sending me back to get gold for all his girls. Me and my BIG girl.
Dinner with the roadies.
This must have happen when I went to the bathroom!!
The kids made the most of being in the car for about 2 days back to back.
On Monday we made our way to NYC. We first stopped in Jamacia Queens to see the owner of Al-Mujalbab. She opened her store just for us, because we were in town. Her shop was so nice. If you get a chance please visit her here. My hostess and I shopped till we dropped. One burrow down...two more to go. Mind you...we dropped off the two older kids (her oldest and my oldest) with a friend of her, becuase they didn't want to 'hang' with the Mommies. Do we look tired?
Due to the cold air we saw NYC from the car. It was really busy and busling city.
Little A was enjoying the city from the back seat as you can see.
We made our way to SOHO for an impromtu nose piercing.
Then a nice dinner at a Brooklyn Soul Food restaurant.
We did some local visiting and mall hopping before we left. It so happened that the weather was nice while we were there. But waking up on the last day we encountered NY snow. The girls and the boys really enjoyed the snow. The mommies had to dig out the cars. Little A has really never been in snow before so she had fun.
Did I mention that my hostess and her family lived a couple of doors down from the masjid in their town. Her husband walked to Fajr prayer everyday. Masha~allah, may Allah(swt) reward them (with a girl!! ;) )
We were afraid that our flight would be canceled. But when I was in need of a place to pray..I came across the Inter Faith room at the airport. It was so nice. A place for all religions/faith to have a moment of silence. Insha~allah we wil see more of these across the US.
The girls and I had a great time. I was really rested and really ready to come home to my husband. Absence makes the hearts and I'm glad. I think I'm ready to take on 2009. Insha~allah you will enjoy the photo essay.
Ma salaama
Umm Amirah
Friday, January 02, 2009
Ummie Checks OUT
From the heart of Umm Amirah at 9:52 PM
Labels: active mommy, hijabi, hot hijabi, make-up, photo essay, road trip
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment