Friday, March 24, 2006

Daddy's little 'midget'


THIS is what my DH referrs to my daughter as, 'the lil midget'. her response is ofcourse : I'm NOT a midget, i'm MIRAH. yes she totally dropps the 'A'..but picks it back up with she spellin her name. lol

Amirah has her first school interveiw next week. I'm applying to put her in montessori school here in DC, it's free. all you have to do is be 'accepted' into the program. i would LOVE to put her in the muslim montessori program but it's in VA and i'm not good with driving there. If i got a job there..yeah..sure. but working in DC and having her in school in VA with no one near buy..terrifies me. althought i have to say public school terrifies me too. (is NOT looking forward to questions about 'two daddies/two mommies')

My mother in law says that i have to sacrifice for my child..but does that mean sacrificing her learning just to be with muslims. i mean there are some muslim schools out there that just 'house' muslim children for the day. amirah needs to learn. i mean she's already so advanced for her age. she walked before one. she could count to 10, say her A,B,C's, recite the arabic alphabet and spell her NAME at 2!!

if it were up to her daddy, she'd be doing calculus and linear equations by 5!! he's SICK!.

i'm a big proponant of montessori, it's such a natural way to learn AND it teaches team building since 3, 4 and 5 year olds are all in the same class. I pray to ALLAH(swt) that we can keep her in islamic weekend programs and summer camps if she's in public school. insha~allah some of her lil muslimah friends will also be going the montessori thang, and there is a chance she get's into the class where her teacher is a muslim. Allahuallum.
but with all this new found knowledge..the question is..will she continue to be daddy's 'lil midget'?.........we'll see (sure she will :))

2 comments:

mommamu said...

I feel you sis! Alhamdudillah Keyami is in a muslim Montessori school. But I am a huge proponent of Montessori school-his knowledge has just soared this year. I loved the folks at Clara Muhammaed-but it was no where near the same!

Anonymous said...

Can you give me the name/website/contact info for the Muslim Montessori progam in Virginia that you mentioned in your latest posting? My 4-year-old girl is in a Montessori school right now, and I don't want to give that up to send her to an Islamic school. I would appreciate it. Thank you.