Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Asalaam alaikum,
have i created a monster. my daughter is almost 3, in a month, and has no real sibling. she is Miss. IT. she comes to me and TELLS me that ..she wants to go over her grandmother's house, or that she WANTS this and or THAT. as i look down to this pint sized monster, that i've created, i wonder what Allah(swt) has in store for me..cuz i really want to choke her. **relative choke, i'd never hurt my child, actully my husband calls me a 'softy' cuz i barely make her do much---now you see what i've done!!**
as she 'ballets' around the living room, the kitchen, and HER bedroom, i wonder whatever happened to my lil baby. the soft creature i brought home from the hospital amost 3 years ago. the cuddly baby that nursed like a champ..always wanting her UMM.
maybe it's time to THINK about having another, remember i'm in a holding pattern, trying to find that 'ideal job'...can't think about that, montessori school, commuting, moving, loving my husband and ME!
maybe i'll entertain that idea another day....................
maybe........................insha~allah
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Only Child Syndrome
From the heart of Umm Amirah at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Monster? Hmm? I was just reading up on these 2-3 year old creatures and their will. We call them strong willed, but really they are just learning how to control there will. The honest believe that their are the center of the universe and they every one else shares their wants, desires, thoughts and feelings. They can imagine that we have different thoughts and feelings that their own ,so they cry and act out. They also cry because hearts are still pure and not like the diseased hearts of us adults.
You are not alone, my monster is right behind yours : )
Umm Amirah, my only child is nearing 7 mashaAllah and it doesn't get any easier, lol. To me it seems like only yesterday that I brought her home as well. However now she is developing her own personality and showing her "independence". She's no longer dependent on her umm to tie her shoes, brush her teeth or dress her. Instead she picks out her favorite hijab to match her sweater and pants while I pick up the check :D
Savor this moment because it's an amazing time.
wel my only child is also nearing 7 next month, and I've been wondering the same thing, where did my little baby go. The independance has definatly picked up, hugging and cuddling gets an UMMMIEEEEEEEEE not right know. What? I have a time frame now when I can be all mushy! I do miss the 2-4 year old range when although they have a mind of there own, umm was always right and not challenged. Oh well I have had to say goodbye to those days, and while I miss them I look forward to the exciting adventures that lie ahead.
Post a Comment