
Asalaamu Alaikum,
I came across Muslimah Locs blog, you know doing my daily blog roll, and I came across the pic above. I was like WOW!!! She's not only beautiful (masha~allah) but she's in the Olympics, reppin it for muslims sisters everywhere. So I trotted over to Hijab Style's blog to check out more.
More WOW!! There are LOTS of Hijabi Olympians, representing countries like Iran, Egypt, and Yemin. I thought to my self , again WOW. I've got to show the Double A's that there are visible MUSLIMS in the Olympics.
I think it's great. One person commented on Hijab Style's post about how she should have posted pics of WINNING Hijabi Olympians. WHO CARES. I'm sure it's just a blessing from Allah(swt) to just BE there. I think the true olympic spirit is the participation in the games and the notion of coming together regardless of nationality and showing whatcha got.
May Allah(swt) reward these women, winners and looser alike. I think they are showing the other side of muslim women. The whole woman, not just the cook, the banker, the mother, the lover.
Good job ladies.
Ma salaam
Ummie A
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Hijabi...Olympic Style
From the heart of Umm Amirah at 12:35 PM
Labels: bloggistfear, earthling, muslimah, ummah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
asa
ditto and tritto @ the comments. who cares @ results! intentions matter, right, especially to us muslims.
hmc was inspired by the pics too. she is interested in archery and table tennis (this week) so those two sisters really captured her imagination and interest.
Post a Comment