Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ummies Ramadan Goals

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Grandma use to say:'If you fail to plan, you plan to fail'. Well I've really been think about what my goals for ramadan should be since I read Jamerican Muslimah's post. Ramadan is suppose to be a month of abstinance not only from food but our worldy vices. Its a time when as muslims we should focus soley on Allah(swt).

There are a lot of things in my life that take away from my focus on Allah(swt) and I'm determinded to change that. This ramadan will be my spirit of change.
So after thinking it over...here are my Ramadan goals:

1)Complete the whole quran in english and at least one juz in arabic.

2)Unplug the TV. (this will be very hard because I LUV TV...it's how I relax)

3)Ramadan craft with my kids. This is a very high priority. Since my oldest doesn't go to an Islamic school I want her to feel connected to her Islamic identity.

4)Get the Eid gifts out before EID. LOL

5)Pray more nafl prayers and attend taraweer on the weekends.

6)Learn More dua's in arabic.

I think this is good enough for now. Insha~allah my list..or the other lists of other muslimah bloggers opens your heart and causes you to change as well, for the better.

Ma salaama
Ummie A