Friday, August 22, 2008

iHijabi..stop trying to take it off

ASA--
for those who know me..or who don't Ummie is a HIJAB. I'm a HIJABI on vacation, at the mall, at church (yes Ummie makes appearances), at Disney, at work...etc.
So why do sooo many people want to make the case for me NOT wearing it. Was Mary (ra) the mother of Jesus (ra) wrong for covering her head? um NO! Does the government or governments for that matter harass and pat down NUNS?
Police/TSA:
Hey sister (nun) what's underneath the habit?
um NO!!

So please..leave my hijab alone. I wear it buy personal choice. I have various styles and all kinds. They go with all types of outfits that define my hijbi style.

NO I'm not oppressed..I'm blessed. I have the courage to stand OUT in this world. Let others KNOW I'm a Muslim, 24/7 . It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels that freedom should be just that....freedom.

enjoy


Ma salaama
Ummie

0 comments: