Monday, November 13, 2006

Going to the Masjid and their...going to get married...


Asalaam alaikum,
Sunday night I went to a friends bridal shower. Insha~allah she will be married in the next two week. It was so fun!! An afternoon with your sisters, with FOOD is GREAT. There was belly dancing by a performer, the audiance, the babies...LOL. Alhumdulillah, it's great when muslimah's get married.

My friend, the sister that is getting married, has prayed for a good brother for so long. Since I dind't have to 'search' for my husband, it's really hard for me to relate to sisters who feel that there aren't any available, practicing brothers out there to marry. Alhumdulillah her marriage to the brother was a complete surprise..to ALL, even her. Allah (swt) was merciful in sending me a help mate and not another CHILD. I mean I have plenty a friend who's husband DON'T help out with the babies they create. NOT saying that our marriage is totally 50/50 but we try to work it that way. Masha~allah, my husband will do the dishes, helps with the cleaning, would sometimes like me NOT to clean so he can do it 'his way'..as long as I continue to cook!


Allah(swt) said that marriage is half your deen but he sure as ___ didn't say it was going to be, or IS easy. I think sometimes that people have a 'vision' of marriage. That it's suppose to just BE. Failing to see that there is REAL work involved. It's probably one of the HARDEST job's women have, besides birthin babies--LOL. I guess that's why marraige stats are DOWN in the US. People what to do things all on their own for a while, before trying their hand at marriage. And there are those that just GIVE-UP when stuff get's hard.

All I can say..is that I've been there. I've been in the place where I wanted to quit, give up, throw my hands up, thought that I could do BAD all by my self, ..but I turned to Allah(swt) for patience and understanding. I pray that my friend finds confort in Allah(swt) when times get tough. When the bills are late. When food is low. When tempers are high and patience is low.
Insha~allah

Ma salaama
Umm Amirah

1 comments:

mommamu said...

Whoo-I hear you on the tempers high and patience low. I can be much more irritable than my hubby-he is so easy going about most things. I usually just end up feeling guilty when I snap at him. :(