As Salaam alaikum,
Today a friend got married. I'm sooo happy for her. She's wanted this for a while..and alhumdulillah her patience has paid off. Both the bride and groom had been married before, and they both had children from previous relationships. During the marriage khutbah the imam spoke about how a man, a brother, must LOVE his wife. And that loving his wife is OK. I know this sounds silly, but some men would HATE to admit they actually LOVE their wife/wives. Love comes in many forms: emotional love, physical love, monetary love (laugh here). I mean all wives want to 'feel' loved, have a sense of security and or consistency.
Woman show their love in MANY ways. I have thoroughly spoiled my husband. I cook for him (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Make special meals for him...have gone straight to his STOMACH. So he is not much of a cook...but will treat this special Ummie to a nice dinner out.
Back to the wedding (sorry)..
Also during the khutbah the Imam said that he had basically STOPPED doing wedding in the community..too many divorces. People had NOT been serious about making or keeping their marriage sunnah. Taking up the ways of the Prophet (saws) and his wives in the ways in which they treated each other. The groom was serious about his bride, he AND his father went to her father to discuss marriage. THAT is serious!!! I'm sure this/these meetings hammered out the details of their marriage contract (contract are always private as far as I'm concerned--thank Allah(swt) the imam kept it's specifics confidential).
Insha~allah the bride and the groom have leaned from their previous marriages. Insha~allah they will fuse this family and make it ONE. I pray them the best and brightest..and more kids!!
Ma Salaama
Umm Amirah


1 comments:
YAY! I'm soo happy for Marjonah!!!
Post a Comment