Thursday, December 14, 2006

Kushood


Asalaam alaikum,

I love this picture of brother Malcom making salat. He seems so at peace. I guess it’s visualization of how we all should be when standing before our Lord. As my 34th week of pregnancy dawns on me I’m finding it very hard to find that ‘peace’ in salat. I guess it’s only because salat has become very uncomfortable for me as my body/baby grows. Qiyam, rukoo, sajood..all uncomfortable. Whether I’m sitting or kneeling, I’m trying to resist the desire to RUSH thru my salat to find comfort in laying out in the floor. So I’m trying to bring the KUSHOOD back in my salat like this brother has.

Being a mother hasn’t HELPED that fact. I’m constantly fighting the thoughts of dinner, children, guests, work out of my mind as I center on Allah (swt). There is the child that every TIME you go in to sujood wants to throw themselves on top of you. This leave Ummie to suck up carpet fumes for the next 5 minutes as I wait patiently ( I say this thru clenched teeth, because Allah (swt) knows that I want to ring that little neck for her behavior) for her to ‘decided’ to get OFF of mommy. I’m still wondering how I’ll find this peace while adding another child to the bunch.

Insha~allah , Allah (swt) will bless me with a little bit more sabr..i’m still searching for that too…..

Ma salaama
Ummie

3 comments:

Saraax said...

Hey girl, I feel you on this!!! I find that my salats have become only about the ritual, and that my connection with Allah is strengthened now more through dua and supplication at night and at other times when I can concentrate/meditate better. Allah knows best whats in our hearts!

Anonymous Amattullah said...

You are not alone. I look at my mother in law and other mothers of grown children and pray that this is a phase and peace will come later after pay these earler motherhood dues. : )

UmmAbdurRahman said...

what's interesting about this pic is that my husband also likes to perform his prayers while wearing a white bath robe. when he comes home from work i can't seem to get him to wear anything else.

this is my first visit to you blog and i'm enjoying myself so far.