Monday, December 04, 2006

Ummie’s finds




Asalaam alaikum



Okay, Ummie just started a new job and because she REALLY doesn’t have much to do she’s been surfing and surching the net again. I’ve found lot’s of GOOD-IES online for babies and mommies. Here is my list:

The first one, is one I found a couple of weeks ago. THANKS AZIZAH for the heads up on the
MOBY WRAP (told u I’d give u a shout out—lol). This thing is great. Better on one’s back than the conventional baby carriers. It’s pretty and comes and lot’s of colors. I’m definitely looking on EBAY for someone that carry’s one that also included SHIPPING in the price..lol.

Next is the Bbib by OOTS! Sounds funny huh? It’s cute though.
Check out these shirt sized bibs..lol. They would make GREAT baby shower gifts (hint, hint).



Next is exclusively for mommies—the ‘mummy wrap, the Momono by Mayalena.
It’s an asian inspired shirt that give breast feeding babies full access without sacrificing style. They are pricy..but there are some on SALE (my favorite word).



That’s all for now.. time to get to work..lol
Ma salaama
Umm Amirah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Moby Wrap is friggin' amazing!! I told you I saw a woman do an hour long belly dance class with her infant tied in some cool front hold position. I kinda wanted the wrap AND the baby, but I guess that would be considered a felony and all.

Anyway, I am totally obsessed with baby gear (yes, I know I have no baby) so this post was really great. I wanted to buy my friend that Mommy-mono thing back in the day but it was super expensive. Maybe we can find a sister who sews or something.

Have you looked into strollers yet? The new thing is just to get one of those carseat holder strollers. I used to hate them, but they are really growing on me. Not only are they lightweight and inexpensive, you also less wear and tear on your "real" stroller. Real in meaning the one you will use forever once the baby can sit up and face forward.

Why don't you discuss carseats next. I am a big fan of those Britex(sp) ones.

Anonymous said...

as salaam 'alaykum

The moby wrap seems to be jacked form African mothers, I have seen most of them carry their babies in a similar fashion. They amke their own.

I have never been to africa but I have ben refugee camps in Houston and that exactly How they keep their babies.

Allahu 'Alim

Umm Amirah said...

Azizah i'm going to look at car seats this weekend. DH and I are finishing up our baby registry and I must TEST them out. Thanks for the tip...I've been lookin into it.

Rain said...

Thanks for the personal cheerleading, and now you have been tagged. (if you want to)

mommamu said...

Darn-I tagged her too on my blog-well-you Have to do it now girl! :)

PS. The Moby Wrap is great and can be used up to about 12-18 months depending on the size of your baby. Once the start getting heavy because the material is stretchy they start to hang low. Also if you have larger sized boobies-it does -ahem accentuate them