Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A pregnant woman's rant

Asalaamu alaikum,

You know I found out this pregnancy that I was ACTUALLY pregnant 4 weeks (6 wks so says midwife) into the process. SO I waited and waited to feel and/or LOOK pregnant. NOW 35 weeks into the process…I’m TIRED of sharing my body. I am finding SLEEP uncomfortable. I must be propped on all types of pillow. I can’t sleep in the same place/position all night. Laying on the floor is OUT! So I’m sharing my body and having to deal with feet in my rib cage, pokes in my hip bone. I think she’s running out of room and there is nothing neither of us can do about it.
This is the end of my rant. I have 5 more weeks to go. I pray I can make it that long.

Ma salaam
Umm Amirah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mama,

Insha'Allah, soon come, soon come...soon come...soon come...this is my mantra until the big day. I just want you to know that I am copying your blog...and sending it to Uche (who I made lie on the floor as I proceeded to press my foot in his tailbone so that he would understand what it means to have a big baby sitting there all day long). lol...cruel wasn't it? And when we are in a Pea in the Pod, I strapped the fake belly on him (the biggest one) and say let's stay in the store for 5 hours...lol. He thinks I am hysterical to want him to actually feel real sympathy pain! Thank Allah for good husbands!

I thought about the lack of sleep I've experienced and have been trying to make more salat in the night instead of just lying in the bed, on the couch, in ds's bed, or on the floor...also...get the snoogle pillow...it doesn't alleviate all uncomfortability but it helps.

Insha'Allah there will be great rewards in going through pregnancy and birth because with 2 boys and hubby...it's NO joke. We're almost there! We're almost there, Insha'Allah.

Love you!
Anz

mommamu said...

You're almost there girl! You can make it-I'm going to call you because I brought you some stuff!